Quick Three-Bean Salad Recipe
This traditional three-bean salad, submitted by Amy Short of Lesage, West Virginia, bursts with the flavor of savory. Honey gives a pleasant sweetness to the vinaigrette that coats the blend of green beans, kidney beans and lima beans. It's perfect for picnics.
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, savory and salt until blended. Add the beans, onion and green pepper; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Quick Three-Bean Salad
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2010
"Used the base of the recipe. Didn't have savory, but added thyme, red onion, black pepper, garlic powder, and red cayenne pepper cuz I love heat. Oh, and cukes & tomatoes! The dressing was a great base."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC