This traditional three-bean salad, submitted by Amy Short of Lesage, West Virginia, bursts with the flavor of savory. Honey gives a pleasant sweetness to the vinaigrette that coats the blend of green beans, kidney beans and lima beans. It's perfect for picnics.
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, savory and salt until blended. Add the beans, onion and green pepper; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Three-Bean Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p59
Reviews for Quick Three-Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review