This traditional three-bean salad, submitted by Amy Short of Lesage, West Virginia, bursts with the flavor of savory. Honey gives a pleasant sweetness to the vinaigrette that coats the blend of green beans, kidney beans and lima beans. It's perfect for picnics.
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, savory and salt until blended. Add the beans, onion and green pepper; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Three-Bean Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p59
Reviews for Quick Three-Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2010
"Used the base of the recipe. Didn't have savory, but added thyme, red onion, black pepper, garlic powder, and red cayenne pepper cuz I love heat. Oh, and cukes & tomatoes! The dressing was a great base."