- 3/4 to 1 pound ground turkey or beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Tater Tot potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk or water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with potatoes. Combine soup and milk; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Reviews for Quick Tater Tot Bake
Sort By :
so easy and tasty, quick as a snap to make and easy to make larger amounts
I adjusted this a bit to accommodate what I had on hand. In a skillet I cooked carrots and cut up pearl onions. Then I added in minced garlic clove and 1 cup of cooked beef tenderloin from a previous meal, cooking until the carrots were tender. I followed the rest of the directions as written. What a dish, my kids loved it.
My family loves it! I found this recipe when searching for easy meals to prepare following surgery. Not only is this simple to make, it's better than the traditional tater tot casserole. I have used cheddar cheese and cream of chicken in place of the cream of mushroom. Both are great.
I used cream of celery soup and it was good for a quick supper when I didn't feel like cooking.
This was okay, but nothing fancy. I'm sure it'd be a big hit with children, though! It is certainly easy to make, and if you have the ingredients on hand, it's quick and hearty fare. I thought it could have used a bit more in the flavor department, but as I said, it wasn't bad.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >