Quick Tater Tot Bake
I like to make this dish when time before supper is short. It serves two to three people, but if we have unexpected company I double the ingredients and use a 9-in. x 13-in. pan. The I call it my "Please Stay Casserole"!
2-3 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3/4 to 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Tater Tot potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk or water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with potatoes. Combine
- soup and milk; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 740 calories, 46 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 1,634 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 38 g protein.