Quick Tater Tot Bake Recipe
I like to make this dish when time before supper is short. It serves two to three people, but if we have unexpected company I double the ingredients and use a 9-in. x 13-in. pan. The I call it my "Please Stay Casserole"!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:2-3 servings
- 3/4 to 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Tater Tot potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk or water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with potatoes. Combine soup and milk; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 740 calories, 46 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 1,634 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 38 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC