I like to make this dish when time before supper is short. It serves two to three people, but if we have unexpected company I double the ingredients and use a 9-in. x 13-in. pan. The I call it my "Please Stay Casserole"!
- 3/4 to 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Tater Tot potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk or water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with potatoes. Combine soup and milk; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Quick Tater Tot Bake in Reminisce January/February 1992, p35
Reviews for Quick Tater Tot Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review