Quick Tangy Sloppy Joes Recipe
I adjusted three different recipes to come up with this one. Kids like the tangy taste and request the sandwiches for birthday parties.—Anna Adams, Chatsworth, California
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, red pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, vinegar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and salt; stir into beef mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 314 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 935 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Tangy Sloppy Joes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC