Quick Tangy Beef Stroganoff
If you’re looking for a dinner that’s simple and yummy, Joan Roth’s stroganoff fills the bill. The Jackson, New Jersey cook combines ketchup and Worcestershire in a creamy sauce for this satisfying beef dish.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, saute beef in butter until no longer pink; drain.
- Add onion; cook for 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the soup, sour cream, mushrooms, ketchup and Worcestershire
- sauce; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 303 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.