Quick Tamale Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 jar (13-1/2 ounces) tamales
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking dish; top with chili.
- 2. Remove papers from tamales; cut each into six slices. Arrange over chili. Sprinkle with corn and top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 592 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 1,556 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Tamale Casserole
"I have never found tamales in a jar, however I have found them in a can. I added a can of diced green chili's. For a quick meal this is very tasty."