The filling ingredients in this casserole will satisfy hearty appetites. You can garnish individual servings with sliced ripe olives and serve with tortilla chips.—Cecily Gates, Santa Ana, California
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 jar (13-1/2 ounces) tamales
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking dish; top with chili.
- Remove papers from tamales; cut each into six slices. Arrange over chili. Sprinkle with corn and top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Tamale Casserole in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p223
Reviews for Quick Tamale Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2013
"I have never found tamales in a jar, however I have found them in a can. I added a can of diced green chili's. For a quick meal this is very tasty."