The filling ingredients in this casserole will satisfy hearty appetites. You can garnish individual servings with sliced ripe olives and serve with tortilla chips.—Cecily Gates, Santa Ana, California
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 jar (13-1/2 ounces) tamales
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking dish; top with chili.
- Remove papers from tamales; cut each into six slices. Arrange over chili. Sprinkle with corn and top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Tamale Casserole in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p223
Reviews for Quick Tamale Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2013
"I have never found tamales in a jar, however I have found them in a can. I added a can of diced green chili's. For a quick meal this is very tasty."