My family—husband Dave and I and our three teenagers—enjoy this spicy, hearty soup. It's a nice change of pace from regular soups and it's also fast to make.—Debbie Moffitt, Albany, Oregon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions, sour cream and corn chips or tortilla chips, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning, tomatoes, beans and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook until heated through.
- Ladle into individual bowls; top with cheese. If desired, also top with onions, corn chips and sour cream. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Taco Soup in Country Ground Beef 1993, p9
Reviews for Quick Taco Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review