Quick Taco Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups corn chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, chilies, hot pepper sauce and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Serve over corn chips. Top with lettuce, cheese, sour cream and olives. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 628 calories, 31 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.