Quick Taco Platter
This fast-to-fix main dish is like a huge taco salad. Even the kids love it.Celia Rixman, Sylmar, California
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- Tortilla or corn chips
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped onion and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered,
- for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover a serving platter with chips; top with lettuce. Layer with beef
- mixture, tomato, onion and cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 219 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,121 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.