This fast-to-fix main dish is like a huge taco salad. Even the kids love it.—Celia Rixman, Sylmar, California
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- Tortilla or corn chips
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped onion and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover a serving platter with chips; top with lettuce. Layer with beef mixture, tomato, onion and cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Quick Taco Platter in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Taco Platter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review