Quick Sweet and Sour Ham Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 small green pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced halved onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice and pineapple chunks. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger. Stir in the water, vinegar and reserved juice until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the ham, green pepper and onion in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until ham is lightly browned and vegetable are crisp-tender. Stir reserved pineapple chunks into skillet; heat through. Stir juice mixture. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 288 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 946mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch.
Reviews for Quick Sweet and Sour Ham
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.