- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 small green pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced halved onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice and pineapple chunks. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger. Stir in the water, vinegar and reserved juice until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the ham, green pepper and onion in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until ham is lightly browned and vegetable are crisp-tender. Stir reserved pineapple chunks into skillet; heat through. Stir juice mixture. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Ham in Country Woman November/December 2003, p36
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Sweet and Sour Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Ham Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >