Quick Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve sauce with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork equals 388 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 726 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer