Quick Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken Recipe
A few convenience items combine with chicken to create a zesty main dish. Garnish with chopped green onions if you like.—Sheri White, Higley, Arizona
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (11 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar peach spreadable fruit
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC