Quick Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil in small batches over medium heat; drain.
- 2. Place meatballs in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the soup and water; pour over the meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve over egg noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 294 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Quick Swedish Meatballs
"For an even faster dish we have used frozen meatballs and made just the sauce. My family LOVES this dish!"
"Tastes great with all ground beef."