Quick Swedish Meatballs Recipe
I can still remember Mother making this delicious recipe in an old iron skillet on her wood-burning stove years ago. It's such wonderful family fare, we still enjoy warming up with it on cold winter nights!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil in small batches over medium heat; drain.
- 2. Place meatballs in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the soup and water; pour over the meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve over egg noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 294 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Swedish Meatballs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC