I can still remember Mother making this delicious recipe in an old iron skillet on her wood-burning stove years ago. It's such wonderful family fare, we still enjoy warming up with it on cold winter nights!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil in small batches over medium heat; drain.
- Place meatballs in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the soup and water; pour over the meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve over egg noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Swedish Meatballs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p38
Reviews for Quick Swedish Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2015
"For an even faster dish we have used frozen meatballs and made just the sauce. My family LOVES this dish!"
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2011
"Tastes great with all ground beef."