Quick Swedish Meatballs Recipe
I can still remember Mother making this delicious recipe in an old iron skillet on her wood-burning stove years ago. It's such wonderful family fare, we still enjoy warming up with it on cold winter nights!
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil in small batches over medium heat; drain.
- Place meatballs in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the soup and water; pour over the meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve over egg noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Swedish Meatballs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p38
Reviews for Quick Swedish Meatballs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review