Quick Stovetop Granola Recipe
The fiber-rich oats in this granola will quell your cravings with just a small serving. Keep some handy in a resealable plastic bag for moments when your stomach takes over. For even longer-lasting fullness, pair the treat with protein-packed yogurt.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, toast oats over medium heat until golden brown. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook and stir the brown sugar, honey and butter over medium-low heat until bubbly, about 1-2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the almonds, raisins, coconut and oats until coated. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup equals 102 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC