- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large nonstick skillet, toast oats over medium heat until golden brown. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook and stir the brown sugar, honey and butter over medium-low heat until bubbly, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the almonds, raisins, coconut and oats until coated. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Quick Stovetop Granola
"This recipe was hard to rate. Although, it tastes fine and actually has a nice flavor it certainly is NOT granola! It reminded me more muesli or un-cooked flavored oatmeal. There was not enough sugar or fat to create a granola taste or texture. I gave it 4 stars, as I would consider the flavor combination for hot oatmeal to serve about four people. I followed the recipe exactly even using quick oats. My only change was subbing chopped walnuts as it was what I had."
"i just made this recipe twice, once with quick oats and once with old fashioned. the kids ate most of the first batch plain and over yogurt. Glad I made 2 batches! I used dried apricots instead of raisins and threw in some craisins for good measure. Very easy and tasty"