Quick Spicy Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, pineapple and onion. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 4 servings.
2 kabobs equals 187 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Quick Spicy Shrimp Kabobs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.