Shrimp lovers will adore these spicy, juicy kabobs. Adjust the cayenne to suit your preference for more or less heat. So quick and easy! —Michele Tungett, Rochester, Illinois
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, pineapple and onion. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Shrimp Kabobs in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Spicy Shrimp Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review