4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until spaghetti
- is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.