Quick Spaghetti Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 314 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Quick Spaghetti Skillet
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.