Quick Spaghetti Carbonara
This is a wonderful tomato-less spaghetti which still has tons of flavor. The bacon has such a savory flavor which will make your family ask for seconds.Janaan Cunningham, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute garlic in butter over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low; add egg. cook and stir until egg mixture coats a
- metal spoon and reaches 160° (mixture will look like a soft
- frothy egg).
- Drain spaghetti and place in a bowl. Pour sauce over and sprinkle
- with bacon; toss gently to coat. Gently stir in cheese. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 401 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.