Quick Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in butter over medium heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; add egg. cook and stir until egg mixture coats a metal spoon and reaches 160° (mixture will look like a soft frothy egg).
- 2. Drain spaghetti and place in a bowl. Pour sauce over and sprinkle with bacon; toss gently to coat. Gently stir in cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 401 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.