Quick Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in butter over medium heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; add egg. cook and stir until egg mixture coats a metal spoon and reaches 160° (mixture will look like a soft frothy egg).
- 2. Drain spaghetti and place in a bowl. Pour sauce over and sprinkle with bacon; toss gently to coat. Gently stir in cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 401 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Quick Spaghetti Carbonara
"This was very tasty and super quick to make. I used turkey bacon and 8 strips was way too much-which is saying a lot because we are bacon lovers. It may be because turkey bacon doesn't shrink as much but next time I will only use 4 strips of turkey bacon when making this recipe. To serve I dusted it with additional shaved parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.