- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in butter over medium heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; add egg. cook and stir until egg mixture coats a metal spoon and reaches 160° (mixture will look like a soft frothy egg).
- Drain spaghetti and place in a bowl. Pour sauce over and sprinkle with bacon; toss gently to coat. Gently stir in cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Quick Spaghetti Carbonara
"This was very tasty and super quick to make. I used turkey bacon and 8 strips was way too much-which is saying a lot because we are bacon lovers. It may be because turkey bacon doesn't shrink as much but next time I will only use 4 strips of turkey bacon when making this recipe. To serve I dusted it with additional shaved parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper."