This is a wonderful tomato-less spaghetti which still has tons of flavor. The bacon has such a savory flavor which will make your family ask for seconds.—Janaan Cunningham, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in butter over medium heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; add egg. cook and stir until egg mixture coats a metal spoon and reaches 160° (mixture will look like a soft frothy egg).
- Drain spaghetti and place in a bowl. Pour sauce over and sprinkle with bacon; toss gently to coat. Gently stir in cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Carbonara in Country Woman May/June 2001, p24
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Quick Spaghetti Carbonara
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review