Quick Skillet Chicken Recipe
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Chow mein noodles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chicken and egg. Add the saltines, almonds and salt; toss well.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir chicken mixture in butter for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables; saute for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in the water, juices and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Pour over chicken and vegetable mixture; heat through. Serve with rice and chow mein noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 383 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.