- Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in
- shrimp. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in
- rice. Remove from the heat.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Discard
- bay leaf. Serve with lemon slices if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 246 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 1211 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.