Quick Shrimp Chowder Recipe
Pretty pink shrimp and green parsley dot this golden chowder. It's a rich and satisfying first course or main meal. Anne Bennett, Hockessin, Delaware
- 2 large onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 2 pounds Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the potatoes, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender (do not drain). Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, heat milk. Stir in cheese until melted (do not boil). Add to potato mixture; heat through (do not boil). Stir in parsley. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Shrimp Chowder in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p180
Reviews for Quick Shrimp Chowder(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review