Quick Shepherd's Pie
Shepherd’s Pie is great with leftover homemade mashed potatoes, but it’s tasty with ready-made mashed potatoes from the grocery store, too —Jennifer Early, East Lansing, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tub (24 ounces) refrigerated cheddar mashed potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat potatoes according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 6-8
- minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir
- in gravy mix. Add vegetables and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer until heated through, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a
- 9-in.-square baking pan.
- Spread potatoes over top; sprinkle with pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from
- the heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.