Quick Shepherd's Pie Recipe
Shepherd’s Pie is great with leftover homemade mashed potatoes, but it’s tasty with ready-made mashed potatoes from the grocery store, too —Jennifer Early, East Lansing, Michigan
- 1 tub (24 ounces) refrigerated cheddar mashed potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Heat potatoes according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in gravy mix. Add vegetables and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer until heated through, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a 9-in.-square baking pan.
- 3. Spread potatoes over top; sprinkle with pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Quick Shepherd's Pie
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2016
"Made this for a potluck with a few adjustments and they loved it! I used instant potatoes instead of the refrigerated ones and sprinkled top with shredded cheddar cheese. I also cooked the vegetables instead of just heating them."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC