Shepherd’s Pie is great with leftover homemade mashed potatoes, but it’s tasty with ready-made mashed potatoes from the grocery store, too —Jennifer Early, East Lansing, Michigan
Featured In: 30-Minute Casserole Recipes
- 1 tub (24 ounces) refrigerated cheddar mashed potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat potatoes according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in gravy mix. Add vegetables and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer until heated through, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a 9-in.-square baking pan.
- Spread potatoes over top; sprinkle with pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Shepherd's Pie in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p65
Reviews for Quick Shepherd's Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2012
"I made it with ground turkey because I didn't have any ground beef and my family still loved it!"