Quick Shepherd's Pie Recipe
Shepherd’s Pie is great with leftover homemade mashed potatoes, but it’s tasty with ready-made mashed potatoes from the grocery store, too —Jennifer Early, East Lansing, Michigan
- 1 tub (24 ounces) refrigerated cheddar mashed potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat potatoes according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in gravy mix. Add vegetables and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer until heated through, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a 9-in.-square baking pan.
- Spread potatoes over top; sprinkle with pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Shepherd's Pie in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p65
Reviews for Quick Shepherd's Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2012
I made it with ground turkey because I didn't have any ground beef and my family still loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >