Quick Sesame Toffee Recipe
This recipe originally came from a friend in Canada. The sesame seeds add a crispy texture and unique flavor to the toffee. It makes a great gift that friends and family are always happy to receive!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:10 servings
- 3/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Evenly spread half of the sesame seeds in a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; set aside.
- 2. In a heavy 2-1/2-qt. saucepan, melt butter. Add sugars and water; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage). Remove from the heat and stir in baking soda.
- 3. Pour over sesame seeds in pan. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds; gently press with a spatula. Cool. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
1 serving (2 ounces) equals 334 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC