Quick Sausage Gravy
I thought everyone knew how to make sausage gravy until my husband, George, and I served it for a breakfast we hosted. It disappeared quickly, and every one who tried asked for the recipe.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 6 warm biscuits, halved
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage until fully cooked; drain.
- Sprinkle with flour and blend. Gradually add milk, stirring
- constantly. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Cook until
- thickened. Serve over biscuits. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 386 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.