After my mild green chilies are roasted, I peel, dice and freeze them to use all year. This colorful zesty salsa is great with chips or served with other dishes.—Terry Thompson, Albuquerque, New Mexico
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 Anaheim peppers, roasted and peeled
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chilies, tomatoes, onions, cilantro,
- jalapeno and garlic. In another bowl, combine vinegar, oil, pepper
- and salt if desired; stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and chill
- for at least 2 hours. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 2-tablespoon serving (prepared with fresh chilies and without salt) equals 1/2 fat; also, 27 caloires, 3 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 2 gm carbohydrate, trace protein, 2 gm fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.