- 6 Anaheim peppers, roasted and peeled
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chilies, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno and garlic. In another bowl, combine vinegar, oil, pepper and salt if desired; stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Fresh Salsa in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p45
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Quick Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2013
I might try this recipe again (although it was very time intensive), but I would only use a dash of vinegar. The end result tasted only of red wine vinegar, all the other flavors were overpowered by it.