After my mild green chilies are roasted, I peel, dice and freeze them to use all year. This colorful zesty salsa is great with chips or served with other dishes.—Terry Thompson, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Featured In: 30 Mexican Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 6 Anaheim peppers, roasted and peeled
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chilies, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno and garlic. In another bowl, combine vinegar, oil, pepper and salt if desired; stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Fresh Salsa in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p45
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Quick Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2013
"I might try this recipe again (although it was very time intensive), but I would only use a dash of vinegar. The end result tasted only of red wine vinegar, all the other flavors were overpowered by it."