"I made up this quick creamy chowder one winter afternoon," recalls Tom Bailey of Golden Valley, Minnesota. "I like to use a can of red sockeye salmon for best flavor. The soup also can be seasoned with tarragon instead of dill."
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until chowder is heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Chowder in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p11
Reviews for Quick Salmon Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2010
"Easy and so delicous. I've been making this for years and everyone thinks you spent all day on this dish."