Quick Salmon Chowder Recipe
"I made up this quick creamy chowder one winter afternoon," recalls Tom Bailey of Golden Valley, Minnesota. "I like to use a can of red sockeye salmon for best flavor. The soup also can be seasoned with tarragon instead of dill."
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until chowder is heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Chowder in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Salmon Chowder(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2010
Easy and so delicous. I've been making this for years and everyone thinks you spent all day on this dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Chowder Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Salmon Dinners >
- Salmon Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Seafood Soup Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >