Quick Rosemary Rice
In Minneapolis, Minnesota, Mary Ann Kosmas cooks up this light and lemony rice dish flecked with pretty carrot shreds. "I have an herb garden, so I prepare this with fresh rosemary in summer," she jots. "The aroma is heavenly."
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is
- absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 100 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.