Quick Rhubarb Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy. Add milk; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in rhubarb. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Combine the cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 each: 294 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Quick Rhubarb Coffee Cake
"This recipe makes up quickly. It could use a little more flavour e.g. cinnamon in the batter. I used half butter and half applesauce. One cup butter is a lot . The cake was light and fluffy and enjoyed. would make again and add strawberries."
"Big hit with my family! I did need to bake much longer than stated in recipe. Next time I will bump the oven temp to 350. I also added raw sugar to the topping and reduced the brown sugar to make a slightly crispy top. Very happy with this cake."