- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy. Add milk; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in rhubarb. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Combine the cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Quick Rhubarb Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"This recipe makes up quickly. It could use a little more flavour e.g. cinnamon in the batter. I used half butter and half applesauce. One cup butter is a lot . The cake was light and fluffy and enjoyed. would make again and add strawberries."
"Big hit with my family! I did need to bake much longer than stated in recipe. Next time I will bump the oven temp to 350. I also added raw sugar to the topping and reduced the brown sugar to make a slightly crispy top. Very happy with this cake."