Quick Ravioli & Spinach Soup
I love my Italian-American traditions, but wanted a quicker Italian wedding soup. I created this shortcut version with ravioli. — Cynthia Bent, Newark, Delaware
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated small cheese ravioli
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach (about 4 ounces)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, onion powder and pepper;
- bring to a boil. Add ravioli; cook, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or
- until tender. Add spinach and chicken during the last 3 minutes of
- cooking. If desired, serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.