I love my Italian-American traditions, but wanted a quicker Italian wedding soup. I created this shortcut version with ravioli. — Cynthia Bent, Newark, Delaware
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated small cheese ravioli
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach (about 4 ounces)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, onion powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Add ravioli; cook, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and chicken during the last 3 minutes of cooking. If desired, serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Quick Ravioli & Spinach Soup in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p66
Reviews for Quick Ravioli & Spinach Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review