Quick Potato Corn Chowder Recipe
This is the perfect starter, or even a meal in itself. It works in every season, so enjoy it year ’round. —Lucia Johnson, Massena, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook and stir onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Stir in the corn, 1/2 cup milk, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk flour and remaining milk until smooth. Stir into soup; return to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup equals 176 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC