Quick Pork Lo Mein Recipe
- 2-1/4 teaspoons brown gravy mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the gravy mix, cornstarch, 1 cup water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the pork, garlic, ginger and pepper in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry carrots in remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add peas; stir-fry 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Return pork to the pan; heat through.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil; add ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet or save for another use). Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; drain. Serve with pork mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 536 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 795 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.