Quick Pork Lo Mein Recipe
This colorful main dish with crispy snow peas and baby carrots is a favorite with Denise DuBois of Coral Springs, Florida. “It's quick, healthy and the variety is endless,” she notes. “I sometimes use chicken, mushrooms, bean sprouts and cashews!” TIP: Denise sometimes serves her Lo Mein over rice or spaghetti.
- 2-1/4 teaspoons brown gravy mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- In a small bowl, combine the gravy mix, cornstarch, 1 cup water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the pork, garlic, ginger and pepper in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry carrots in remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add peas; stir-fry 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Return pork to the pan; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil; add ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet or save for another use). Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; drain. Serve with pork mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Lo Mein in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p46
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Pork Lo Mein(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2010
This recipe is so good, my family asks for it many times. It's easy to make and so delicious, it's a keeper, for sure.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >