Quick Pork Fried Rice
Making use of leftover pork and cooked rice, this delicious take on takeout comes together faster than you can order the No. 5 on the value menu. —Judy Lammers, Columbia, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into
- skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow
- underneath. When eggs are completely cooked, remove to plate. Set
- In the same skillet, combine the rice, pork, peas, soy sauce and
- garlic powder; heat through. Meanwhile, chop egg into small pieces;
- add to skillet. Remove from the heat; stir in lettuce and onions.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 366 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 869 mg sodium,