Quick Pork Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely cooked, remove to plate. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the rice, pork, peas, soy sauce and garlic powder; heat through. Meanwhile, chop egg into small pieces; add to skillet. Remove from the heat; stir in lettuce and onions. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Quick Pork Fried Rice(6)
Sort By :
Thought the use of shredded lettuce was weird but this was very good. Will make it again and it is a great use for leftover pork roast!
I used whole wheat rice for it's nutritional value and substituted chicken for the pork. Very good!
I also used sesame oil in place of canola. I cooked the pork with sesame oil as well. I think this really adds to the Asian flavor which would not be so bold with canola.
Easy and good. I substituted broccoli for the peas and used sesame oil instead of canola to boost the asian flavor. A great use for leftover pork. I would definitely make this recipe again.
Excellent easy dinner. The best part is the kids loved it!! Wouldn't change a thing.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >