Quick Pork Chow Mein Recipe
- 2/3 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork roast
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Chow mein noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, saute rice in butter and salt until golden. Add the onion, celery and green pepper; cook until crisp-tender. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; add to the rice mixture. Add pork; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch, cold water and soy sauce until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chow mein noodles. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 291 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,113 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer