Quick Pork Chili
A dear neighbor gave me a pot of this delicious chili, and I asked for the recipe. The pork sausage is a nice change from the ground beef many chili recipes call for.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients; cover and
- simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 12 servings (3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.