Quick Pork Chili Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup (calculated without tortilla chips): 150 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Quick Pork Chili
"I absolutely loved this! I made for a chili cook-off 9/21/12. Even though it didn't win, it was loved by many. I'm making again for the Packer Game this Sunday. This time, I will be using spicy chili beans, versus plain chili beans. Thank you for the recipe ... it's now in my recipe book!"
"this is great,however I used rotel tomatoes. Is this ok?"