Quick Pork Chili Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup (calculated without tortilla chips): 150 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Quick Pork Chili
"when we tried this we found it to be a good flavor. mi had never thought to use pork rather then beef in chili."
"Easy, quick, and a crowd pleaser.We had a very cold weekend here in the South and I decided to give this a try and everyone loved it...added some cornbread, and 'fixins' for folks to add in and we were ready for an evening by the wood burning stove and to break out the DVDs!"
"this is great,however I used rotel tomatoes. Is this ok?"